Saturday, September 6, 2008

Welcome to Virginia


After four great years in Sarasota, Florida it was time for a change. I had a great time living in the Sunshine State, but it was about time for me to move closer to my family. I am now living in Arlington, Virginia which is a suburb of Washington, D.C.


I am still teaching and working with 8th grade students. The Civics curriculum that I am working with would have been exciting to teach anywhere in the country given that it is an election year. Working this close to the Nation's capital should make it particullary interesting.


I also have been given the opportunity to be a long distance running coach at a local high school. I will be working with the cross country team as well as the indoor and outdoor track team at McLean high school. I have been running with the team and am starting to get in shape again. Hopefully I will be able to post more advice on marathons as I have my eye on a few upcoming events.


I certainlly will miss Florida and all it had to offer. Virginia is looking like a pretty decent place to live and work and the fact that they have Wegmans certainlly ads to my enjoyment.

2 comments:

islandrunner said...

Simoni! It is good to see you writing again. You are very missed back here in Florida. I am so pleased to hear you are doing so well and most importantly are happy. Great to read you are still running- I am sweating away here, training for a ahlf in the not to distant future.
Keep on posting, would love to hear more about your new school:)
Cheers!

Syd Deal said...

SIMONI! We all miss you down here in lil ol' Aarasota. Please come visit brookside soon! Maybe you should come down for eight grade graduation. Or not but- whatever!

-Sydney Deal =]